Analytics ----------------------------------

Thursday, January 13, 2011

RelaxZen Day & Night {Review}

Managing a busy household with 4 very active and inquisitive little ones can definitely take its toll on ones energy level from time to time.  Couple that with nurturing a growing young business (much of which happens late at night when the house is finally quiet), and it's no wonder I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck every now and then!  Even after a busy day, when the house is quiet and I can finally climb into my cozy bed, I find my mind spinning with thoughts of everything that needs to get done the next day.

RelaxZen has created a product line that is designed to help manage energy levels throughout the day while allegedly promoting increased focus and balance in your mood.  **Please note that I am not making any nutritional or medical claims regarding this product.  In fact, I always recommend seeking the advice of a licensed, trusted health care provider before using any and all supplements (whether over the counter or prescription).  That being said, I have had the opportunity to try both RelaxZen Day & Night for myself and am happy to share my experiences with you.

RelaxZen Day is designed to reduce the feelings of stress and fatigue while increasing alertness and improving overall mood.  The primary energy boosters are a heaping helping of B vitamins (B6, B12), passion flower extract, and acai extract.  According to the nutritional label, this product contains no carbohydrates, including sugar, and the ingredient list does not note the inclusion of any artificial sweeteners.  Each bottle contains 2.5 fl. oz. of slightly thick, sweet, fruity liquid, though not nearly as disgustingly sweet as many energy drinks on the market.  I had pulled a very late night the day before using this product, and I will admit that I did feel a little spark of "relaxed energy" for a couple of hours (not jittery, just a calm that allowed me to keep moving despite a lack of sleep the night before).  I made sure not to indulge in a yummy latte on this particular morning to better examine the effectiveness of the product.  I am happy to report that I did not experience any form of energy "crash" later in the day, as can so often occur with coffee-related caffeine loading and typical "energy drinks".

RelaxZen Night is designed to do many of the same things as the Day formula, but includes soothing chamomile extract and B5. I chose to test it out on a day where I purposely structured things to allow me to get to bed at a reasonable hour.  I drank the bottle (again, 2.5 fl. oz.) about an hour before I planned to hit the pillow.  The taste was very similar to the Day formula, though the consistency was a bit more watered down.  By the time I was ready for bed, I felt good.  Not overly concerned with what would need done the next day, though I did still go through my mental check list for about 10 minutes before finally drifting off.

My Overall Impression:  Using these products one time each certainly did not provide a miraculous result that would have me shouting from the roof tops, but in all fairness, I do not believe that is the intention.  I will say that I did not feel any ill effects from the products and did experience a certain subtle "calm" when testing them.  Whether that was a direct effect of the product or a placebo effect based on my hopes for its performance is hard to judge.

RelaxZen Day & Night can be purchased at various retailers, including Thirstmonger.com where you can use the code SMILE to receive 10% off plus FREE shipping through January 31, 2011.  You can stop by and "Like" RelaxZen Shots on Facebook or follow @RelaxZen on Twitter.

* Disclaimer:  I received 1 sample each of RelaxZen Day & Night for the purposes of this review.  No other compensation was received.  The views expressed are honest and based on my own experiences with these products.  This post is not intended to be construed as medical advice in any way.  You should always seek the advice of a licensed health care professional before using any supplement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails