Watermelon is a sure fire hit around my house in the summertime. Perfectly divine all on it's own, it provides the kiddos with a great source of hydration and fiber. However, there are times when I crave a slightly more "grown up" version of this delicious treat. That's why I just had to share this fabulous recipe I came across in the archives of Bon Appetit Magazine...it's totally yummy and super refreshing! I've also tried substituting herbed goat cheese in place of the feta for a tasty spin *smile*.
- 1 5-ounce package baby arugula
- 8 cups 3/4-inch cubes seedless watermelon
- 1 7-ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar glaze
Ingredient TipBalsamic vinegar glaze can be found in the vinegar section at many supermarkets. If unavailable, boil 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan until reduced to 3 tablespoons, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Arrange arugula over large platter. Scatter watermelon, then feta over. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with pepper.