Analytics ----------------------------------

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Man of All Hats

I want to wish a belated "Happy Father's Day" to my incredibly wonderful husband whom I love beyond belief. Instead of a father-son golf outing, family celebration at the beach, or quiet night out, my dear hubby got to spend his entire Father's Day weekend playing nurse maid to me.

From last Wednesday until Sunday I was spiking fevers up to 105.3 degrees (yes, you read right, 105.3) and dealing with extreme chills and shaking (as well as a host of other symptoms). After being misdiagnosed on Thursday, I saw a different MD on Saturday who finally determined the source of the infection and prescribed an appropriate antibiotic. It wasn't until yesterday that I finally had the strength to walk around the house and do some very light, mennial chores.

Dear Hubby took it all in stride and held the fort down. Playing the roles of nurse maid, cook, cleaning service (to a degree "wink"), playmate (to our 4 wee ones), disciplinarian, chief cuddler, and the list goes on and on. I know it's always a challenge when Daddy's have to take the reigns by themselves, even for a little while, so hats off to you Sweet Corey for a job beyond well done!

Happy Father's Day, Bubby!!

1 comment:

  1. awwww very sweet of you to say that!!!!!!
    hope you are feeling better!!!!!
    we have had a bit of the crud here too!!!!
    stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails