Analytics ----------------------------------

Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Yummy Way To Stretch A Buck

Here's a quick way to save a little cash and make a yummy treat at the same time! My little ones love blueberry muffins, but with 4 of them to care for, finding the time to make muffins from scratch is not always feasible. With the price of "gourmet" box mixes climbing higher and higher, I've come up with my own little improvisation.
I use Jiffy brand blueberry muffin mix (98 cents at our local market!) and prepare it according to the box instructions. Then, I add 1 tsp of vanilla, fresh blueberries (when in season), and 3/4 cup of non-dairy whipped topping (which I typically have on hand for parfaits, fresh berries, and smoothies). I finish them off with a sprinkle of raw turbinado sugar. I like to bake ours in mini muffin molds...perfect for little hands!

2 comments:

  1. Your recipe sounds yummy. I shouldn't have read this post so early in the morning, I'm hungry now.

    It sounds easy, I'm going to make these for my grandson next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, these sound great! I love doctoring up mixes to make them my own!

    Visiting from SITS! :-)

    Her Creative Side

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails