Analytics ----------------------------------

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Black Friday Goodies...Today!

Black Friday came early for me this year, and I am thrilled!  Every year I gear up for the rush of great bargains to be had on Black Friday, and I usually make out pretty well.  My kids are just getting to the ages where they have true preferences when it comes to their gifts, so in years past, my Black Friday escapades were primarily for items for the house or adult gift-giving.  Last year I learned that it's a whole different ballgame when you get into Black Friday toys.  People can be ruthless!  So much for manners and pleasantries...if you aren't careful, you can spend more time watching your back than the deals on the shelves you happen to be passing.

Needless to say, I am still planning to brave the madness next Friday, but I scored a couple of fabulous deals today that I just had to share!
First up, for Miss Bean, we have Disney's Beauty and the Beast on Blu Ray & DVD (combo pack) for $9.99...yes, $9.99!  This set is listed at Target (and other like retailers) for $29.99.  I found a $10 off coupon on Disney Movie Rewards (which I highly recommend joining - for free - if you have kiddos in the Disney movie age ranges).  I also had a Target coupon for $5 off any Blu Ray listed at $16.99 or more from the 11/21/10 Target circular.  Armed with my handy coupons, I was ready to pay $14.99 at checkout, but much to my surprise, when the clerk scanned everything, the Target coupon alone reduced the price to $19.99, followed by my $10 manufacturer's coupon for a total of $9.99.  Super score (remember, this is for the Blu Ray/DVD combo and I got it for $10 less than the MSRP of the DVD alone)!

Next up, 2 great activity storybooks for Sweet Face's Tag Reader...Toy Story 3 and Pixar Pals Puzzle Time.  And the best part, I didn't have to do a thing!  Regularly priced at Target for $13.99, I scored these gems for $9.99 a piece (in store sale).  Not too shabby for just showing up at the store today :)

I also picked up a couple of board games, armed with some handy coupons compliments of www.target.com, and a couple of storybooks for the kids.  Then, it was off to the grocery store.  I usually like to go fresh to the fryer with our turkey (yes, we fry our turkey every year and it is super moist and oh so delicious!).  However, fewer places seem to be carrying fresh this year, so rather than hoof it out to no man's land the day before Thanksgiving, I decided to buy frozen.  Which leads me to my final deal of the day...

This mama landed a 19 1/2 pound bird for $9.50!!  A big Thank You to Giant Eagle for an incredible sale that will keep our little bellies fat for many meals and left over creations!

An early Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  What deals have you scored in the pursuit of merriment?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails