Analytics ----------------------------------

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Sweet Smell of Scentsy {Review}


I love the smell of a fabulous candle with a great throw (the area over which a candle casts its wonderful scent).  Particularly in the Fall and Winter when the fresh air of the outdoors is not really practical, I enjoy filling the house with warm, cozy scents that impart a relaxed, snuggly feeling through and through.  So, when presented with the opportunity to review a full size Scentsy Warmer and Scentsy Bar of my choice, I jumped at it!

I have admired Scentsy products from afar for some time now, but just never took the plunge.  Recently, I had the distinct pleasure of testing out their Tannenbaum Warmer, which is stunning.  Decorated with a festive Christmas tree nestled among a winter tree-scape of evergreens, this warmer is finished in a neutral color palette of deep sage and cream.  Unlike some other warmers I've seen, I love that the Tannenbaum adds to the decor of my home as well as the aroma.  Another difference between this warmer and others I've seen is that the Scentsy Full Size Warmers work off of electricity by way of a small light bulb, cord, and on/off switch.  A nice alternative to an open flame for mamas of curious little ones!  The base does, however, get warm with extended use, so it's still a good idea to keep it out of immediate reach of children.

As for scent, I selected the Christmas Cottage Scentsy Bar.  A true treat for the senses, this bar combines a cozy blend of Valencia oranges, raspberries, cloves, and spices for a warm, festive aroma.  As for throw, I would say this particular scent has a medium cast.  I currently have it on a shelf in my kitchen, which is open to the rest of the first floor.  I can easily pick up the smell of this yummy bar throughout the kitchen and into the dining area, but it does not permeate the whole first floor like some of my stronger scented traditional candles do.  That being said, Christmas Cottage is also not a knock you in the face kind of scent.  It's warm and cozy and not at all pungent, which I love.  Overall, I am very pleased with my selection.

Scentsy offers a variety of gorgeous warmers, including Full-Size Warmers, Mid-Size Warmers, and Plug-In Warmers.  All are designed with home decor in mind and include Holiday varieties, sports themes, and college affiliations.

Scentsy also offers a variety of scents, including Cranberry Spice, Central Park Pralines, Autumn Sunset, Citrus Sun Tea, and Hemingway (for men).  I love that they have scents that appeal to both men and women and varieties that span the spectrum of fruity to flirty to cozy to relaxing.  My Full-Size Warmer is large enough to hold an entire bar of yumminess, and when I want to try out a different scent, I just pour the warm wax back into its original container.  It will solidify back into bricks for use at a later time.  How's that for eco-friendly?!

You can get your own array of Scentsy products HERE just in time for the Holidays.  Perfect for gift giving, they carry a little something for everyone, from full-size products to those designed for when you're on the go.  Prices vary depending on which products you order, but warmers range from $15-$30 and Scentsy bars, to go with your warmer, generally run $5.  Join the Scentsy team during the month of November and receive a free set of Mini Testers to get your business off to a great start!  Just send Kimberlee an email at Escentialstars@yahoo.com, to let her know you heard about Scentsy from Jen at Bullfrogs & Butterflies Baby!

* Disclaimer:  I was provided with a Full-Size Warmer and Scentsy Bar for the purpose of performing this review.  I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review.  All opinions stated are my own and based on my honest experience with these products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails