Analytics ----------------------------------

Friday, August 27, 2010

Dryel Starter Kit Review


Back before the wee ones came along, when it was just DH and me, I must admit that I had my fair share of dry clean only gear. Not intentionally, mind you, I just possess a fashion sense that always seems to draw me to items with the ominous dry clean only label. It's funny how a house full of little ones changes your perspective a bit! Not that my tastes in clothing have changed, but my sensibilities definitely have. It's really not practical or financially feasible to send out/take in mountains of clothing to the dry cleaners. For the most part, I am now strictly a wash and wear kind of gal as is my family (fortunately for me, even some talented higher end designers have jumped on the band wagon and helped me out with more fashionable machine washable options!).

However, despite me best efforts, there are still those must have items that need to be dry cleaned. That's why I was excited to give the Dryel Starter Kit a try, which contains everything I need to dry clean up to 8 garments using my own dryer. The kit comes with a reusable fabric protection bag (good for up to 50 loads), 2 ultra concentrated refill cloths (to be used in combination with the bags), and an On The Go Stain Pen. Dryel does not contain any phosphate, PERC, or Trichloroethylene and uses dryer activated technology.

Here's how it works: Place your dry clean only items in the fabric protection bag, throw in a refill cloth, zip the bag, and set your dryer for a 15 minute cycle. That's it! The bag is a very generous size and I found that I could do a favorite dry clean only quilt in it with no problem. For delicates and special care items, you can also steam clean them in the dryer using a 30 minute cycle.

You can purchase your own Dryel Starter Kit at stores like Target, Walgreens, and Walmart. Even better, if you wait a week or so, your local Walmart is set to offer the Dryel Starter Kit and refills free of charge via a mail in rebate! Check your local store for the deets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails