Analytics ----------------------------------

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Neutrogena UltraSheer® Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70 Part 2

A few weeks ago, I posted a preliminary review of Neutrogena's UltraSheer® Liquid Daily Sunblock with an SPF of 70. Having used the product for the past 3 weeks I am happy to report that it meets this mama's approval in the effectiveness category.

I applied my sunblock daily following my morning face care routine and I must say, I gave it a run for its money, so to speak! I tested it at the water park, the playground, the ball games, the family walks, the beach, and more and can say that I honestly did not pick up any noticeable sun coloring on my face.

I was able to wear it both alone and under makeup without any unpleasant odor or residue (as has been a problem with a number of facial sunblocks I've tried in the past). The one downside I found is that it is, as the name implies, just a sunblock. If your skin typically requires a moisturizer (and let's face it, most of us do in some form or another), you will still have to apply one. As a busy mama, it's always nice to find products that do double (or triple!) duty, so it would be convenient to have a moisturizer built into my sunblock. That being said, most combination products are moisturizers with sunscreen, an important distinction. Sunscreen does not provide the same broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection as sunblock. Therefore, I don't really mind the extra step given the overall benefit received and I will continue to use this product on a regular basis to protect my face from the glorious rays of the sun!

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored review. I was provided with a sample by the makers of this product in return for my honest opinion of its performance. The views expressed in this review and others related to this product are my own and based on my honest experiences with its use. No other compensation was received for this review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails